This delicious Indian soup is easy to make. It provides a great refresher at any time of day.
Enjoy this recipe from the Moosewood Collective.
1 1/2 Cups Chopped Onions 1 Medium Red or Green Bell Pepper,seeded and chopped
1 Celery Stalk, Chopped 1 Firm Tomato, Chopped
2 Tbs Ghee 1 Small Chili, seeded & chopped
1 tsp Turmeric 1/2 Cup Unsweetened grated coconut
1 Tbsp Ground Coriander 1 Cup Coconut Milk
4 Cups Water or Vegetable Stock 2-4 Tbs Fresh lemon or Lime Juice
1/2 tsp Salt 2 tsp Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1 Medium Carrot, Chopped
1 Large Potato, cut into Small Cubes
1) In a medium soup pot, saute the onioins and celery in the ghee.
2) When the onions are becomming translucent, add the chili, turmeric, and ground coriander. Saute for a minute, stirring to prevent spices from burning.
3) Add the water or vegetable stock, salt, carrot, and potato. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover the pot, and sever the vegetables for 10 minutes.
4) Add the pepper, tomato, grated coconut, and coconut milk. Simmer gently for another 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
5) Add the lemon or lime juice and cilantro. Adjust the seasonings. Serve at once or, even better, let it set for an hour or so to bring out the flavors and then reheat gently and serve.